Steve's maintenance page
Yeah, it's me but my old server finally died and it was time to migrate
off the old Zope version anyway, so...
Latest software releases
Why all these maintenance releases of legacy code? Mostly because they
are still useful and/or important to me (and hopefully others too).
Some points to consider beyond saving them from bit-rot:
- GWOCSS is the most flexible (and only GPL'd) windfield model currently available
- CCCC is still the best open source complexity metrics tool available for common languages
- URT is still the primary RLE library for run-length-encoded images (ie, netpbm depends on it for RLE support)
- Cyclo is another useful metrics tool that works in cases where the cccc parser rejects too much code
- medians-1D is a nice demo and example of algorithm characteristics (especially the performance of
modern optimizing compilers vs "hand-optimized" code).
- Open Source Geek Blog-y stuff -
- Open Source Projects -
Our VCT GitHub area.
- Handy Style Guides -
Helpful programming guidelines; see the ones on header files for C and C++ in particular (from Univ. of Michigan).
- Youtube Videos -
Recent VCT demo and presentation videos (eg, from SCaLE 13x, ELC2015, etc)
- Meetup page -
Central Coast Open Source Solutions Exchange is our geeky meetup thing...
- IRC Stats -
Local stats for a few freenode IRC channels.
- Misc downloads -
Local configs, cross-toolchains, ARM kernel and U-Boot binaries, etc (not well organized).
- Archived audio -
Recordings of The Wyrd, archived for posterity (at archive.org)